If you aren't able to view the embedded video, click here.
Now that you understand how this program will work, it's time to set up your very own personal blog to begin recording your thoughts, discoveries and exercises. For this program, we recommend that you use Blogger *, a popular free online blog hosting service that is extremely easy to use.
Creating a blog using Blogger takes just three steps:
- Create an account.
- Name your blog.
- Select your template.
Once you've created your blog here are two important things to know:
- To add posts: The maintenance interface that you will use to add posts, edit or change the set-up of your blog is accessed online at http://www.blogger.com/ . Be sure to write down your login and password.
- To view your blog: Your blog address is http://xxxx.blogspot.com/ , (xxxx)=the unique identifier you entered in Step 2. Be sure to also write down your blog address.
If you run into problems or would like more information about blogs and using Blogger here are some discovery resources you can use:
OK --- Now, it's your turn...
Each day is a new learning experience! Use the first post in your new blog to explore what is your own individual learning style.
- Setup a blog for yourself using Blogger.
- Add a test post or two. Use one of your posts to write about which learning habits from the tutorial are easiest for you, which are hardest and why.
- If you wish, add your blog to the list of participants.
- Have fun!!!
* Use of Blogger is only a recommendation. If there is another blog hosting site that you are more comfortable with, please feel free to use it.